Monday, November 1, 2010

37 weeks!

Here we are, baby - full term! The baby has grown from a poppy seed to a watermelon, and is now fully capable of living on her own. Not that she wants to yet, but at least we know that she can. Right now she's weighing in at 6 pounds and is about twenty inches tall. Her head is surrounded by my pelvic bones, and this has given her a bit more room to grow her legs as well as giving me more room to actually eat food again. Her hair could be possibly as long as an inch, but that varies widely with each baby. Also, she should technically be shedding her lanugo body hair (hopefully, but monkey children aren't unheard of in my family...) and also shedding the white "vernix" stuff that covers her body. She will then swallow the hair and exterior coating, and this is what will form her very first tar-like poo. Amazing, this baby stuff! I've been actually managing to get things done, now that I'm off work, but unfortunately I'm finding myself having a hard time falling asleep and thus being tired during the day. Still, I'm plodding along and confident that I'll be ready for the arrival of baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment