Monday, June 28, 2010

And back to the grind...

My week away was fantastic. I felt like I’d been working nonstop since December, and I was just ready for a substantial break. Nine days was nice, and allowed us to use our time both for business and pleasure.

In terms of “business,” our house is about 25 percent packed, thus allowing us to move some things around and get the carpets redone in preparation for listing the current place and buying a new one. Packing in a little more difficult with the tummy, but I keep telling myself that it’s not as difficult as it will be with a bigger tummy or even with a baby. All in all, I’m really looking forward to moving and having a place for baby.

Camping along the Oregon Coast was lovely. Unbeknownst to me, there are miles and miles of beautiful sand dunes along the coast. We rented an ATV and actually drove around on the dunes. While Toby was very careful to not jostle us too much, the same could not be said for me. I tentatively checked out my surroundings when it was my turn to drive, and then promptly got air while flying over a sand dune! Toby was neither pleased at all the jostling nor agreed with my next career choice and a sand-dune driver (because I’m sure there’s a market for that!). Pregnant camping is much the same as regular camping, save for additional difficulty getting out of the tent (Toby and Sandwiches both had a good laugh at my lack of grace in this area) and the lack of drinking (although sparkling wine was a decent alternative). I hope we go camping a lot in the coming summer, and of course, when baby comes. Almost everyone had children with them, and bringing a baby along will be as easy as bringing along a pack-and-play.

Now I’m in a doomy-gloomy mood of being back at work after a vacation. Twenty-ish more weeks to go. I feel rather uninspired to write here, to do work, to do anything not relating to home-type stuff. I’m sure it’ll pass once I get back into it…

No comments:

Post a Comment