Thursday, May 27, 2010

There's nothing you can know that isn't known.

After writing yesterday, I realized what a pleasure having a “boring” pregnancy actually is. I’m more than happy to keep it this way the whole time we’re going through this!

This morning as I was leaving the house, Toby exclaimed that I looked really pregnant. He’s like, “There’s no question about it; you’re pregnant!” I thought there was no question about it when I took seven pregnancy tests or saw him in an ultrasound or heard his heartbeat; but hey! Now that there’s a tummy happening here, there’s really no question about it!

Something that I was thinking about:

Not too long ago, on the weekend that I (unknowingly) conceived this baby, I was holding another baby and talking with his mom about my desire for four babies. This other new mom, she’s not really into the whole baby thing. Sure, now that she has one she loves him very much and wouldn’t trade him for the world. But before he was around, it was kind of a “take it or leave it” thing when it came to child-rearing. She was shocked about my very really, very persistent desire to have a large family (read: four kids, two adults, two dogs, maybe an iguana or a guinea pig) and she is completely sure that she does not have enough love for all that. She thinks, “A bit goes to my spouse, some to the baby, a little to the cats, and I’m pretty much out. If I have so many kids, there just won’t be enough love for everyone.” For me, it’s the opposite. I love my spouse and my dog so, so, so much, and have nothing but room for MORE love! And if it’s just sitting there, then why not? I already love this teeny thing with little hands SO much, and I can’t see myself just running dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment