Friday, July 9, 2010

Almost...

All has been very quiet on the pregnancy front, while I wait with baited breath for the next exciting week to come. Monday is the big ultrasound, and Tuesday is an appointment with the midwife to look at said ultrasound data. I feel like I’ve been waiting forever for this, and I just want it to happen already. Three more sleeps until we know the sex of the baaaaaaby! I really know that I should not be wishing time away because as everyone says, all this goes by in the blink of an eyeball, buuuut… I’m just not good with surprises and waiting. So, while I’m not wishing time away at all, I’m anxious for just that tad bit of info. I want to know how long he is, how much he weighs, and if he is truly a HE!

Last night I was talking to Toby about the ultrasound. He’s not going to be here, so after much, much thought I decided on the next best person. I’m a little sad that he’ll miss out on seeing baby for the first time since he was 7w1d, but I’m glad that Becca will be there, since she’s going to be super involved in baby’s life and has been already. Anyway, I asked if he’d be disappointed for either gender, and he very convincingly said no. I said, “Just as long as it’s healthy?” and he said that he hadn’t even considered an alternative. I think it’s such an amazingly fantastic thing that we can counter my doomsday paranoia with his all-around nonchalance and positivity. He just knows things are going to be great, and he doesn’t really allow room for anything else. And that is how you manifest good things!

Week twenty, he we come!!!

1 comment:

  1. Im really very sorry that I cannot be there with you!. Love

    ReplyDelete